Friends In Rehab
Meet the Atlas Realty team, where retro swagger meets edgy style. This trifecta of millennial real estate gurus transforms vintage homes into modern homebuyers’ dreams…and they do it in a city steeped in history.
Richmond, Virginia is one of the country’s bustling, and most unexpected, hubs for millennials - speciﬁcally those with Big Ideas - successfully infusing a creative, modern vibe into the historic, southern city...and the Atlas team has this millennial housing market cornered.
Each episode has the team transform a rundown, outdated home into fabulous millennial-approved digs for their client. Trying to work within the buyer’s reno budget, taste and ømeframe, the team rehabs an outdated Richmond house, unveiling a reinvigorated, stylish home.
SHOW OPEN/COLD OPEN – :45 - 1:00
(interspersed with SOTs from scenes)
- SEAN: I’m Sean. I’m a real estate agent along with my fiancé Mindie and my best friend Darren.
- DARREN: We renovate homes in historic Richmond, Virginia, transforming outdated properties into next-generation homes.
- MINDIE: And we do it with a style that merges modern and traditional – and is always unique.
- (tease specific episode)
ACT 1 - 7:00
- Team mtg:
– Next property up for reno - recent sale.
– Details about the house, clients.
– Age, issues, potential concerns.
- The team meets clients/homeowners at the property:
– First time the full team is seeing the house.
– Clients’ wants / needs / concerns
– Team gives plans for reno – GFX over shots.
- Demo begins
- Team encounters problem
ACT 2 - 5:00
- We return to the problem, the team finds a solution
- Demo continues / next project (Sean or Darren)
- Mindie mtg with clients redesign elements using Pinterest & samples
- Sean & Darren meet with GC - change in plans or new idea - what can be done?
ACT 3 - 5:00
- Reno continues - solution/answer from the end of Act 2
- Mindie shops design elements/ works on personalized pieces made from original hardware/features of the home
- Reno continues - Sean & Darren are on the hunt (light fixtures, flooring, etc.)
- Budget concerns -- sizzle features V functionality - client chooses
ACT 4 - 4:00
- Final touches:
– Last elements / assembly / staging
- The Reveal
– original life-sized photo of the home circa the time it was built reveals the “After” – Before/afters/client reacts
- The team presents clients with a personalized feature for home
- Client OTFs